Thursday, February 17, 2011

Giving back


It's not every day that I'm asked to volunteer time to photograph moms and dads with babies or expecting babies. My friend Laura asked if I could help with a project for the Healthy Babies program. I thought this would be a great way to get some more experience and give back to those who may not otherwise get a nice photo of themselves. Sometimes people have priorities more important than just looking good. Providing for a family isn't always easy. The Healthy Babies programs it there to help, so I was very happy to do my part. The group of ladies in the photo above run the program in Duncan. The following photos are some behind the scenes shots of ladies getting all dolled up by volunteer make-up, hair, nail, and massage professionals. Mixed in there are some shots of parents and soon to be parents. 















There was such a warm vibe there while I was taking the photos. And when I got home to do the editing it really sunk in. I don't think I've ever felt so good about photos I've taken. I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I enjoyed taking them! I'm sure this is how people get hooked with volunteering. It just feels great!

1 comment:

  1. These are SO beautiful, and such warm human photos that are lit well and show people as they are! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete