Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Straight to video.


Once in a while one is pushed in a new direction, not in a bad way but more in an unexpected way. I was recently asked to quote on a job needing video coverage. Knowing full well that I have a camera that is capable of shooting film worthy HD video, I thought I had better give it a shot. This short video is my introduction to video work. I don't know if there is a huge market for video work around here but if I'm already being asked to do video work by PR agencies, then I guess I should be ready!
I have ideas for more video projects. I really enjoy the medium of video but I am by no means a video snob. I don't have a favourite director, movie, genera or anything. I just like the artistic and editorial value that this medium has to offer. You can really tell a story in a different way than in still photography.

Shooting stills is still my bread and butter and I love it! This is just another arrow in my quill...

No comments:

Post a Comment