Thursday, June 14, 2012

Get Bent

The human body is an amazing thing. Well, maybe not mine in it's current condition but some are. I had the pleasure of doing photos for the Bikram Yoga studio in Duncan last week and it was a real eye opener.
The owners, Carmen and Paul were looking to get some photos for their website and other promotional material and wanted to include some of their students as the models.  
One thing about Bikram Yoga is that it is HOT yoga. Over 30 degrees Celsius in the room. Yes I worked up a sweat. I guess that means I was working hard ;)
I was a little concerned for the welfare of my lights and camera with that heat and humidity but no problems arose other than the flashes eating batteries a little more quickly.
I was lucky to have one good wall to use as the background. The other walls were either mirrors or had doors or corners creating problems. I even liked the colour of the blue when seen with the light brown floor. Nice and soft, very relaxing colours and that worked well with the mood I wanted to carry through the photos.
I can really see why people take up yoga. Just being there and taking the photos was very relaxing for me. Maybe if I had more time...
I found the wall of mirrors to be quite helpful in distributing the light. It just took a little playing around to get it the way I wanted it but in the end it made for a nice fairly even light (by my standards).
Enjoy the photos!













What more can I say? Yoga is cool. I mean hot. You know what I mean. Go try the Bikram Yoga in Duncan if you get a chance!
Proof that I was there.

6 comments:

  1. :):):):):):) Every single one of these pictures made me smile! The Bikram Yoga Cowichan Valley studio is amazing, we are one big crazy(we love the hot room!) loving family. To see all the faces of friends, teachers, and comrads in these beautiful pictures is such a treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great place and now I am interested in trying it out myself! Thanks for your comments!

      Delete
  2. WOW, great shots Kurt !! Now you need to join us in the Hot Room !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charmaine!
      Not sure how my less than spectacular body would fit in. There's no hiding in the Hot Room :)

      Delete