Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 In Review

2014 has come and gone and I just today finished editing the last of last year's photos. This brings me to thinking back to what I did. I'm hoping to make time to post more in depth on the interesting shoots I did last year, so for now, I'll just post a sample of what I have been up to!
 
The Adage calendar photo sessions were definitely a highlight for me. Very challenging to come up with 12+ interesting and original shots, plus work around weather and everyone's schedules.

The Brentwood Grad photos in Vancouver with Paul Fletcher is always an interesting trip!

The Cowichan Capitals gave me free reign on the player photos this year :)

A series of photos of North Cowichan Dog Parks.

My biggest project to date, from Oct 2013 - Oct 2014, The Town of Ladysmith. A project that covered pretty much everything (almost) there was to see in Ladysmith.

The Tin Wis Resort in Tofino. Well worth the drive!

The Stolen Hearts documentary project.

Success by 6 Cowichan.

Ladysmith Parks, Recreation and Culture.

Station Magazine.

Island Beltone. This project took me to all of the locations on Vancouver Island.

North Cowichan Parks and Recreation.

The Adage studio sessions.

Queen Margaret's School.

The Cobble Hill Fair.

The Lion Rampant Pub.

Integral Environmental Group.

And some vacation time. I snuck out early one morning while we were in Comox to enjoy the sunrise :) 

Some more vacation time! English Bay in Vancouver was a great trip!

My boys playing in the first snow of the winter, also my first paid photo for the News Leader.

CVRD, Peerless recycling/waste centre in Ladysmith. I got to play around with stitching together photos for some really wide panorama shots. Not as easy as on your phone...

Cycle Therapy bike shop had me hike into the woods one morning to get some action photos of Sean Gibson.

Tony Hoar, finisher of the 1955 Tour De France.

Peaks Coffee - I spent more time sourcing and setting up the materials for the background than I did taking and editing the photos!

Some happy return clients! The RBC group from Duncan moved to the big city - Victoria.

I did some photos for some local realtors. This shot was for the Meiner Realty Group.

I spent more time getting back to taking shots in nature, landscapes and such. Why? Just because I wanted to :)

I started getting requests for stock photos so I got out there and got a start on a catalogue of images.
 
I haven't covered everything here, and I haven't even touched on all the portraits I did. This is just a quick overview. More in-depth writing and photos to come!
 
All the best to everyone in 2015!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment