Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tragedy strikes



I was heading out to take some photos in the afternoon snow and was just about to turn around when I saw this plume of smoke just up ahead. My stomach sank for a moment as I suspected the worst. When I rounded the corner I found every one's nightmare. A house fire. The elderly couple escaped unharmed but all was lost. I got there just as things started to get crazy. The front windows popped out, the electrical lines were sizzling and zapping away and through all this a couple guys were hammering away at the couple's locked car window to get something out for the lady (purse maybe). The husband suggested we all push the car out of the driveway. That was not going to happen. Although the fire hall was really just across the street, understandably it took some time for the volunteers to arrive and the house was fully engulfed. Horrible to witness such a loss and I held back from taking photos of the couple's faces as they were obviously going through a very heart wrenching situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment