Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One thing leads to another.


My last post was of the pre-gig photos I got of Kathryn Calder and band. While at the Duncan Garage Showroom I was already thinking of my next self-assignment. I wanted to get some photos of Longevity John Falkner, the proprietor in his environment.


Anyone who knows John understands he is a bit of a character. He stands out from the crowd as he's well over 6' tall and has long flocks of grey hair. I love taking photos of characters. They don't get any better than John. His showroom is really a museum of curious tidbits from the past 60 years or more. Everything from a belt-drive dentist drill to his prized nose flute... You have to stop by to check it out.


At any rate, as a result of my interest in taking photos at the Garage, I've been asked to come back and be the photographer for upcoming music gigs. Sweet. Sometimes putting yourself out there really pays off. Aside from this I had another great offer this morning which I'll post more about in the days to come.
This last photo was a mistake. My camera was set to a super slow shutter speed and I knew this as soon as I hit the trigger but I think it turned out pretty cool, especially if you take the subject into consideration.


Thanks John!

No comments:

Post a Comment