Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's the final countdown.

Yesterday Nina and I managed to get away for a lunch date. This was the first time in at least a month as she had been on bed rest for the past three weeks. Just last Sunday she was released from her bed rest confinement and now we can resume a more normal lifestyle. That is, until the baby does decide to show up.

So we headed off to Zanatta Vinoteca for an incredible lunch. Fatima da Silva is the chef there (when she's not busy at her own restaurant, Bistro 161) and she creates the most incredible food! The setting of the restaurant is incredible - a vineyard in the country, only five minutes outside of town, with rolling hills and views of the mountains. Not to mention, the weather was perfect - sunny, warm and a nice breeze.
I asked if I could come by later in the day to do some photos of Nina and Kole and was given permission to use the vineyards and farm.

I wanted to get one more maternity type photo shoot in with Nina since we don't know exactly when this baby is going to come out plus I wanted a nice summer look and to include our son Kole.
After lunch we came home and the weather changed. It became very windy. Actually the strongest winds so far this year. I was a bit concerned that this was going to pose a problem with blowing my lighting gear over but I was able to weight it down and all was fine. I have to give some credit to my light stand which was given to me from a friend at the local hospital. It is an old video camera tripod and it is incredible. I'll post pictures one day. It has a very wide stance which gives great stability. At least it was able to keep my speedlite and softbox from toppling over in the gusty wind.

Kole was having a great time running around through the vineyard. It was a challenge trying to keep his attention long enough to get him to cooperate for the photos but it all worked out. I just wish I had the energy to run around with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment