Monday, July 25, 2011

Not Charlie Boorman.

A few months back I met with someone who shall remain nameless as I had some photo ideas I wanted to run past him. He was keen and went a step further by asking if I'd like to photograph an event he was planning, with Charlie Boorman as the guest. Charlie is a bit of a TV celeb as he's been on a couple shows with Ewan McGregor and he was going to be in town for a get together then a big group ride the following day.
Well yesterday was the get together and I tried to get in but due to some people not getting back to me with the "press-pass" that I needed, I missed that. Today was the group ride and I was suppose to be riding in the support vehicle with Charlie's crew (film and support) but again, no one got back to me.
Am I upset? Maybe a little. Just because I was told I would have this opportunity. I hate it when people do not stick to their word.
On the other hand, I spent yesterday evening going over wedding photos for a great couple. I'll post some soon. This morning I took my son, Kole, out and we did our stop at the coffee shop and on the way to get groceries who should we run across? Charlie and about 100 other motorcyclists heading out on their ride. Charlie was right behind me at a stop light and then he passed me once on the highway. Kole said "Go catch them!" I was not interested and I doubt my mini-van would have been up to it... So after shopping we went for a hot dog (Kole's favorite treat) and a photo shoot. Yes, I worked that into my day. Kole said he would help me and I had an idea of what I wanted to do.
Instead of a photo of Charlie it was my son Kole. Kole wanted to do it and he had fun. This made it fun for me. Having fun when taking photos leads to good photos. Weddings are another great example of this. Taking pictures of people who do not have the time or interest is no longer something I am going to waste my energy on. Life's too short for that! :)
Oh, and that was not the end of my fun day. This afternoon, I hung up my photo exhibition at The Dancing Bean coffee shop in Chemainus. Stop by if you get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment