Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Baby!

It looks like my photography is taking me in a couple distinct directions these days. I've been busy with weddings recently and I love that. There are so many great photos that come out of a wedding.
And now baby/maternity photos are going to be a significant part of what I do. And that is fantastic! I love the emotion that can be captured between a newborn and family. There is a lot that can be artistically too.
I've been doing a lot of maternity shots of Nina lately and baby shots of Rhys but now I'm partnering with the Cowichan Midwifery Group to do studio and outdoor shots for their (and my) clients at their great new location in downtown Duncan.
Kate and Selina (the owners of Cowichan Midwifery) recently purchased a fantastic character building and completely renovated it. It is honestly my favorite building in town. It looks great on the outside, being all-brick and quite classy, but inside it is just incredible. It is like nothing else in town. I will be using a studio space downstairs for maternity, newborn, mom and baby type photos. When weather permits, there is a very nice new garden courtyard for outdoor shots.
To top it off, Kate and Selina are two fantastic people (and midwives) to work with. They are super friendly and down to earth and they delivered my sons, Kole and Rhys so they are almost like family now.
For convenience, I'll be doing these 1 hour photo sessions on Sundays so most people are more likely to be available. There are also a number of great coffee shops within a one-block radius for clients to enjoy before their appointments.

Bookings can be made by contacting Cowichan Midwifery (Matraea Centre) at 250-597-0085.

No comments:

Post a Comment