Friday, October 28, 2011

Great Collaborations!

A little while back I was asked to do the photos for a monthly fashion section in the local News Leader paper. Eliza Faulkner (the one above talking on the phone), a fashion designer, has this monthly section and wanted to get me in to help with photos. I was pretty happy about this as it opened a new door to photo opportunities to me. I hadn't really done any fashion photos before and this also was to include some more editorial interviews with artists and designers. Lots of fun!

Along with myself, Eliza recruited style guru Jenn Glenn from Studio 1 Salon (seen above helping with hair). It is so fun working with others on a shoot as you have more than one set of eyes to look for any issues, plus you have someone else to help with any issues. All I need now is one of those voice activated light stands...
This photo shoot was for the style of the month girl, Ruth, also known as scooter girl.

And now things are really moving ahead. We are putting our heads together to grind out a blog called Island Style which features all sorts of cool and stylish things happening here in Duncan, the Cowichan Valley and Vancouver Island. The blog is still in it's infancy and I'm working to get it filled with interesting content.

My wife Nina (above photo) has also signed on to help. Her first blog entry is a great read!
Eliza and Jenn will also be adding fun articles and I might even have contributions every once in a while. But you are more likely to see my photos...

And once again, here's the link to our new blog: Island Style

Any suggestions or people who would like to work with us on this please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment