Wednesday, January 18, 2012

In the middle of nowhere.

You never know what you'll run into next as a photographer. I love all the great people I get to meet and the cool things I get to see. Shai Thompson is another one of those great people.
I met her a little while back and then I was out to do photos of her at her studio (Chez Shai) for the Island Style section of the Leader/Pictorial. Shai is a fashion consultant and has a really cool property and studio just a few minutes west of Duncan, set amongst the rolling hills and farms.
As Eliza interviewed Shai, I looked around the studio and was looking for interesting things to take pics of and thinking of how to arrange the staged photos I was going to do once the interview was over.

I set up some lighting when Eliza and Shai were finished chatting and grabbed a couple shots of Shai.


These photos are unedited small files, just for this blog. I did do some colour adjustments on the full size files since the fluorescent lighting and my lights didn't exactly agree with each other. Other than that, I didn't do any photo shopping and that's pretty much in keeping with how I roll these days. I try to get it right when I shoot the photo. It takes way less time to set up the shot correctly than it does to manipulate it later in post production.

No comments:

Post a Comment