Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kidding Around

Those of you with children are likely familiar with 4Cats art studios. They offer a great learning environment for little ones to experiment with every imaginable form of art medium.
I came by the Duncan studio to do some photos for their Magazine, showcasing a new portrait painting class they are offering.
One thing I had to keep in mind was this was a group of energetic kids with paint. I kept my camera gear to the minimum, meaning no additional lighting. I didn't want my lighting stands to get in the way of what was going on. Not to mention, the more gear you have set up, the less natural the kids are likely to interact. I wanted this to be as candid as possible.

After the kids had all packed up and their works of art were set away to dry, I brought out my lights and set up to do a portrait of Katie, one of the owners of the Duncan location.
Yes, art is good!

kurtknock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment