Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Big Day (Part II)

This is a continuation of my last post (The Big Day (part I)).
These photos were from Robin and Cathy Dutton's wedding at Painter's Lodge in Campbell River, back in August. Just moments before the ceremony began, the rain started to come down. Then magically, it stopped five minutes before we walked down to the ceremony area.
 
I chose to post the ceremony separately as there are many different factors at play here:
More people
Action
Outdoor light
Moments that you can not ask for a retake of
Lots of emotion
 
My setup was pretty simple. I used a zoom lens for these as I needed to be able to get in close and also take wide angle shots to get the scene in. I also used a flash for fill light but you probably don't even see that in the photos.
I try to be unobtrusive and convey a casual look which captures the true emotions and interaction of the ceremony.
I'm not going to say much more about these photos - you can just browse through and enjoy.

 










And then on to the portraits...

No comments:

Post a Comment