Thursday, February 3, 2011

Taking my time.


Sometimes I feel like such an idiot. When I rush I make mistakes or forget things. Yesterday I lost my wallet. I was rushing to go into town and mail some stuff and when I got to the post office my wallet was gone. I know I had it when I left the house.
So back to photography. Every once in a while I'll be taking some photos only to look back and realize I could have taken an extra 30 seconds to set up my camera better for the shots. The resulting photos have generally been fine but it has always frustrated me that I didn't set the camera perfectly in the first place. Sometimes corrections have to be made in photoshop which is fine. Better than tossing out the image. But I like to get it right with the camera.
Is it too late to have another new year resolution? I want to ad to my list - Take the 30 seconds to double check that my camera is set up the way I want it for the shots I'm about to take. Not set up for the shots I last took! I guess this should be a dead give away that I do not use the "Automatic" mode on my camera. That's for point and shooters...
Oh, by the way. I found my wallet this morning in my jacket pocket. If I had taken the time to give a good look for it I would have found it. Sometimes I'm such and idiot...

No comments:

Post a Comment