Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wined and Dined

For the past week I've been working on completing a project which will be on display at the Firehouse Wine Bar in Duncan. While I'm not going to show much of what I've been shooting at this point (still a work in progress), I can share this little story with you. 
I stopped by Godfrey Brownell Vineyards a few days ago to get a couple shots for my project. I didn't know the owner and he had no idea of who I was, other than some photographer coming to take his picture (And take up his time.). I was warmly greeted by Dave, the owner and he hopped in my van and suggested a good spot on the farm to take the photo.
I grabbed several shots, including the one above and that was it. I was happy. I got what I came for. And Dave was happy. I think he was a little surprised that it took less than 10 minutes of his time. 
Dave then asked if I'd like to have a glass of wine. Sure, why not! And then he asked if I'd like some gourmet pasta and omelets that his chef, Robert from Barcelona, had just cooked up. Yes, of course! This was incredible. I can't get over how friendly some of these people are that I get the pleasure of meeting! While enjoying the wonderful pasta and wine, we just chatted, Robert, Dave, Hayley and I, like we were all old friends out for a late afternoon lunch at a rustic gem of a vineyard.  
And Dave just had to get a shot with me in it. Thanks Dave! And thank you for such a great afternoon on the vineyard!
Almost forgot to mention - Shortly after I got home, Haley dropped by to deliver the grape plant that Dave had given me but I had forgotten. Talk about good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment