Friday, July 13, 2012

Just another day at the park.

Normally I wouldn't write about some family thing. But I have to follow my heart and this always works best. So, if you are looking for stunning photos with crazy lighting this week, you may as well sit back and wait another week. This one is about family, appreciation and love.

Today could have been a very rushed day considering what we had going on. A restoration company come by first thing this morning to finish a flooring repair. I had to get out for my morning coffee shop stop and run a couple errands around town. Then we had to get out of the house for lunch since our kitchen was off bounds (restoration work...).  Lunch ran a little late and we still had to fuel up and drive about an hour to a dentist appointment in Victoria. By this point Nina and I were starting to get a little stressed. We arrived at the appointment on time and everything went well. Stress was now gone.
So there we were in Victoria with no plans and it was a beautiful summer day. We decided to stop for an afternoon snack and then go to Beacon Hill Park.
The park was great! The breeze was just right. The temperature was just right. And then a sea gull pooped on my shirt. Yep. This was the second time I have been pooped on in this park over the years. With my luck it won't be the last. So I washed up and back to fun.
After some time in the playground and walking about we decided we needed a dinner plan. Nina used her phone robot to locate a nearby pizza place. Ends up that this pizza place was absolutely incredible. The type you want to stay and eat in the wonderful atmosphere. They even had incredible photography on display. But we had other plans. Go back to the park with the pizza and have a picnic. When the host realized we were picnicking, she lent us a red and white checkered table cloth. How cool is that? We had a real picnic coming together with no planning and no stress what so ever!
We found a nice little spot at the park and settled in under the filtered shade of a tree.

Rhys was the first one to finish his yummy pizza. Yes, he eats everything we eat and he just turned one year old a couple days ago (That makes life a little easier for us!).
After Kole and I finished, we got up and went "adventuring" as Kole like to call it. Rhys was happy to speed about on all four and he just happened to find a good spot to grab this photo.

Kole found this nice bridge to strike a pose on.

And I made Nina stop for a moment and enjoy a moment in the spotlight.

 I know I've said it before, but trying to do my family justice in photos is just not possible. They mean the world to me. The camera can only convey a fraction of this love. And I can honestly say, this afternoon in the park was the highlight of my week.

In case you are wondering why the photos look a bit different than you'd normally expect from me, I was using Nina's Sony camera since I really like the small size of it and it puts out nice photos. And I wasn't using any lighting (other than natural). Nina took a bunch of great shots with her smart phone too. Is there anything those smart phones can't do?

No comments:

Post a Comment