Friday, July 6, 2012

No Studio Required

I'm really glad I don't have a studio. It forces me to be creative and work with the weather and environment around me. Quite often this poses a challenge since it does rain here so often, but rain delays aside, I like environmental portraits.
Sometimes a studio is required, in such cases as baby photos in the winter. For this I rent a nice studio. Easy. No monthly lease commitment for me.
I think my clients really like the opportunity to have a different portrait than the regular studio shot that they are so used to. Especially professionals who normally get treated to the studio head shot that looks like it has been done a million times before. I like to incorporate the interior of the office or take in the beautiful outdoors so there is some connection for the potential customer of these professionals. They understand the person they are looking at, getting a sense of who this dentist, doctor or lawyer might be.
Plus I think these professionals like being treated be me like they are individuals and that they matter. And they do to me. I try to make every photo shoot special and aim to come away with at least one photo that I am proud enough of to use for my portfolio.
So with a little more thought, some creativity and planning, my clients get unique photos they can be proud of.
See if you can recognise any of these faces ;)














No comments:

Post a Comment