Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring break


This past week has been a nice break from the norm. I spent it all with my son as his daycare was closed for spring break. This meant not really getting any work done but it also meant a lot of quality time that I will hopefully never forget. I did take some time for myself on Sunday to sneak out for a ride and play with my camera a bit - trying some motion blur shots (see above and below). And I really needed the exercise!


It is a bit unnerving riding and trying to take pictures at the same time. The risk of crashing is high as you're not really looking where your going so much as your trying to take a picture. The risk of dropping the camera is high. I was sure to have the strap around my neck to prevent this. But I stayed upright and kept the camera and myself safe from harm.


I did bring my Olympus OM-PC film camera out for some fun too (see above shot and below). It was needing some love and I thought why not. I was dying to play with it some more. It really gives some character to the shots with it's warm tones. And the 50mm, f1.8 lens allows some really nice shallow depth of focus (see above shot). Kole and I had so many little adventures together over the span of the week I could do a huge, mega-blog on that alone. But I won't. :)


Today was the last day of the spring break in my eyes. I'll be busy the rest of the weekend and then life goes back to normal next week. So today we had a family outing and since I'm fighting a cold, Nina drove us up to Nanaimo. I used the opportunity to relax and play with my camera. Why not play around and have fun?


For the shot above, I just manually set the focus by guessing, put the camera on timer and placed it on the dash. Fun. I think I was having more fun than Nina...


A shot of the cockpit.


A shot focused on the windshield with shallow depth of focus to give a more interesting look.
I was so tempted to give some tech info on these shots but I digress. Maybe one day. For now this blog is for entertainment purposes...


No comments:

Post a Comment