Thursday, March 17, 2011

A work in progress.


I'm lucky to have a beautiful wife who happens to be a bit pregnant. Good time for me to practice some maternity shots. The shot below was taken two weeks ago and since then there has been a fair amount of growth so we thought it was time to get some more shots. Above is a shot from today and you can see the difference. I was also experimenting with some different lighting which gives a more dramatic look.


Maternity shots are actually not too difficult to set up. You just need to get the lighting from the right directions and at the correct output. Posing the subject I think is critical. This makes a huge difference in the feel of the shot. These are things you don't really want to be testing for the first time with a client. One needs to go in, get the pictures the client expects and get out in a timely and professional manner.
At any rate, it's great to have such a beautiful test model in-house who is willing to work with me to help me improve my skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment