Thursday, December 30, 2010

It was the best of times...



Today I had some time to kill with Kole. Nina was busy preparing an awesome dinner as we had friends coming over later so she needed to have some room to move. I thought maybe we should go for a walk somewhere but Kole on wanted to go for a bike ride. Sweet! I have not been on my bike enough lately. I love riding with Kole buckled into his WeeRide seat as we get to interact and he enjoys his front row seat as we ride along. I really wanted to take some photos of us riding along and have some cool motion blur but I've done that before when riding on my bike and taking shots of my brother and its not easy. So I wasn't going to risk crashing with Kole strapped in front of me. Instead I put my lightest lens on my camera and packed it into my bike pannier and off we went.
We rode along the new rail trail near our house and enjoyed the fresh air and scenery along the way. We stopped at a bridge and Kole asked if I could take a picture. So I did. I took a few. After each shot he wanted to take a look and then he would make a different face or pose for the next one. The shots were just fun candid shots which are not technically perfect by any means but who cares! I was having the best time and I wanted to catch it in some photos.
The point is this - I realized not too long ago that time really is passing by. Some of us have different gauges for this and for me Kole marks the passing of time as I watch him grow. I also realized that I had not been catching many candid shots of him lately as I had been focusing on my more "professional" type shots. I feel bad for this and am working on getting back to just having fun. So get out there with your camera and catch those moments before they're gone because you don't get a second chance!

Shameless plug - My website has just been overhauled: http://www.kurtknock.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment