Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Time to get schooled!

Today I learned a lot. I learned that experience goes a long way. I learned this from Daryl Griffith, a friend and professionally trained photographer. Today when we were having coffee at the Moon, he offered to come over to my little studio and give me some pointers. That was the sort of offer you don't get every day - Professional advice from someone with years of experience! He even sat there as my photo subject while helping me along. I thought I new a bit about lighting. I was wrong. Almost all of my work has been outdoors thus far. Not much lighting needed there. But now winter is setting in and the studio will be seeing more attention and other indoor photo shoots are coming up so I am glad I had this chance to sharpen my skills.

This is the setup we were tinkering with today:

Here's to good people who share knowledge just for the sake of furthering the art! Thanks Daryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment